Financial Advice

Great Checklist On What to Do if Your School Closed and You Have Federal Loans

The Federal Student Aid office in the Department of Education has updated their advice and information on what to do if your school closed. The information contains links and state specific contact information and in general is very helpful.

Frankly I’m shocked the DeVos Department of Education would be this open on how to discharge student loans. Maybe the Federal Student Aid office just hasn’t reached the dust bin just yet.

But a hat tip is due to the good folks at the Federal Student Aid office and if you went to any of these schools, you should click over here. And just because I’m not entirely confident that page will still exist in the future, here’s an archive copy.

Schools included in the information: Bramson ORT College, Career Point College, Corinthian Colleges, Culinary Academy of Long Island, Dade Medical College, Dowling College, DuBois Business College, Everest College, Everest Institute, Everest University, Globe University, Heald College, Heritage College, Heritage Institute, International Career Development College, ITT Technical Institutes, Marinello Schools of Beauty, Mattia College, MBTI, Medtech College, Medtech Institute, Missouri College, Park West Barber School, Radians College, Regency Beauty Institute, Sage College, Star Career Academy, University of Southernmost Florida, Vantage College, Westech College, Wright Career College, WyoTech

Steve Rhode
Get Out of Debt GuyTwitter, G+, Facebook

If you have a credit or debt question you’d like to ask, just click here and ask away.

This article by Steve Rhode first appeared on Get Out of Debt Guy and was distributed by the Personal Finance Syndication Network.